106" Edge 540
3DHobbyShop is proud to introduce our new 106" Edge 540. Drawing on the great flying characteristics of our 74" and 92" Edges, the 106" brings this performance to 35% flying.
The Edge 540 is a legendary full scale aerobatic aircraft, unique for its distinctive straight leading edge wing. Nothing else looks like an Edge in the air. The wing design, however, is not just for looks. The straight leading edge and forward swept trailing edge give the wing distinctive flight characteristics in 3D flight. You'll notice easier, more instinctive, and smoother harrier flights, as harrier turns, even tight ones, require less compensation from other controls. The result is a big friendly airplane that you can toss around down low with total confidence.
The Edge is also long, with an advanced tail design that gives excellent tracking. The Edge is capable of extremely precise flight and has a wide speed range. Landings with the Edge are no-drama, it just floats in slowly and predictably.
The 106" Edge is matched up well with all of the popular 100-120CC twin cylinder engines, depending on parts chosen expect weights 26-28 lbs for common setups. The Edge can utilize all common exhaust setups with a large exhaust tunnel area.
All of the great features you've come to expect from 3DHS giant scale aircraft are included:
- Wood/Carbon hybrid structure
- Carbon main and tail landing gear
- Carbon spinner
- Removable rudder
- Carbon wing tube with carbon receivers
- Dual carbon tail tubes
- Sewn cloth wing and tail bags
- Cross-drilled axles
- Aluminum-center wheels
- High quality 4-40 ball link hardware
- Vinyl graphics
- Composite wing tips
- Side-force generators
...and more. For a super-friendly and super-high-performance aerobatic aircraft, you need a 3DHS 106" Edge. All the great characteristics of the other 3DHS Edges in a complete, high quality 35% package!
Metal gear-high torque servos are required. Minimally, you will need a digital metal gear servo with at least 250 oz-inches of torque for each of the 7-10 servo locations. For best performance, 290 or more oz-inches of torque is recommended. The 333 oz-in Hitec 7955-TG or 7954SH are excellent choices. For the best possible performance, consider the MKS HV777 or HBL380 Brushless servo. 106" Edge 540 Build Manual
- Winspan: 106"
- Length: 103" (with spinner), 90" without rudder installed
- Wing Area: 2025 Sq. Inches
- Weight 23-28 lbs.
- Header Drop: 70mm for canister or tuned pipe applications
- Hacker Q80-6L Motor
- Castle Creations ICE HV160 ESC
- 12S 10,000mah Lipo (2S2P, 6S 5000 mAh)
- Qty. 7-10 Hitec HS-7955TG (Good)
- Qty. 7-10 MKS HV777 (Better)
- Qty. 7-10 MKS HBL380 (Best)
- Qty. 1 Throttle servo for gas setup
- Qty. 6-10 SWB 2" Single Sided
- Qty. 0-1 SWB 4" Double Sided
- Qty. 2 x 48" Heavy Duty
- Qty. 3 x 24" Heavy Duty
- Qty. 2 x 12" Heavy Duty