79" Slick 580 - Red Scheme
Our 60" Slick 580 has been receiving rave reviews and now it's time to bring you the next size of the Slick 580 series.
The 79" Slick 580 is designed to be an ultra-lightweight package for 50-55CC gas, coming in under 15 lbs. dry RTF. It also works brilliantly on our new XPWR 40CC power system with over 4,000 watts. The Slick is easy to transport with a removable rudder and stabs, measuring only 67" long without the rudder.
The Slick uses carbon fiber strategically in the fuselage and wings to give it durability for the newest XA maneuvers, and its stable harrier and high-alpha KE performance make it a pussycat when you want that.
The Slick features a gorgeous clear-coated color scheme for looks and visibility. One scheme is based on a rich cobalt blue with gold and red details, the other is a bright Red-orange with high-visibility white and grey stripes. Both feature our 'seamless' covering technology which will not allow individual stripes to peel up, even with lots of smoke fluid applied.
As usual, top quality hardware including steel pushrods, FRP ball links, composite horns, HD hinge points, stainless cable, molded carbon landing gear, carbon wing and tail tube, dual hatch latches and much more is included. 79" Slick 580 Build Manual
- Wingspan: 79 inches
- Length: 77 inches
- Wing area: 1167 square inches
- Weight: 14-15.5 lbs.
- Firewall to back of spinner: 6.5 inches
- 50CC-55CC single cylinder gas, DA 50 recommendedHeader Drop: 25mm for canister or tuned pipe applications >
- 12-17 oz. FlowMaster fuel tank
- 22 x 8 gas propEF Fuel Dot
- Note: DA-50 and engines with identical spacing require 2.5 inch standoffs to firewall.
- Xpwr 40cc electric motor
- Castle Creations Edge HV-120 electronic speed control
- 22 x 10 electric prop
- Blazing Star XL stand offs
- 12 S (x2 6S) 4000-5000 mAh batteries
- 4 inch
- Qty. 5 full size, metal gear hi-torque servos. MKS HV-1220 recommended.
- Qty. 1 throttle servo, we used a metal gear 13g for the manual build. MKS HV-1250 recommended.
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 1.5" single servo arms for ailerons
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 2" single servo arms for elevators
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 4" double servo arm for pull-pull rudder OR Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 1.5" single servo arm for push-pull rudder
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 AWG 12" servo extensions for ailerons
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 AWG 36" servo extensions for elevators
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 20 AWG 36" servo extensions IF rudder servo is mounted in push-pull position
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 20 AWG 12" servo extensions for throttle servo