Extreme Flight 91" Yak 54 - EXP
The Yak-54 EXP is a complete re-design, starting with a blank CAD screen. This EXP version features a slimmed down fuselage for reduced drag and improved vertical penetration. It features multiple carbon fiber fuselage longerons which add enormous strength and rigidity to the structure and make it much easier to handle without damage.
The recess in the fuselage for the wings is much shallower, reducing material and weight and adding strength to this once fragile area. The wings feature carbon fiber spars and vertical grain shear webbing for maximum strength. Massive control surfaces, bolt on wing tips and SFGs bring the Yak-54 EXP into the performance realm of its EXP brethren.
Gone are the flimsy aluminum landing gear of yore, replaced by a very nice carbon fiber unit. As always a carbon fiber wing tube, stab tube and tailwheel assembly are standard fare as well as a thorough hardware package with Titanium turnbuckle pushrods and ball links, composite control horns and the intricate interlocking laser cut construction Extreme Flight pioneered over a decade ago.
91in Yak Assembly Manual
- Wingspan: 91 inches
- Length: 87 inches
- Weight: 17.5-20 lbs
- Wing Area: 1497 Sq. In.
- 50cc - 60cc Gas
- Desert Aircraft DA-50, DA-60 and DA-70 are all excellent options
- Xpwr 60cc electric motor
- Castle Creations Edge HV-160 ESC
- Electric beechwood electric propeller: 23 x 10, 24 x 10, 24 x 12
- Modern computer radio with channel mixing capability
- Qty. 5 high torque, Metal gear servos (300+ oz. in.) on control surfaces. MKS HV777A+ (recommended), HBL 380, Hitec 7950, 7955, JR 8711HV, Futaba BLS 157, Futaba S9157, etc. are all possible options
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 1.5 inch single servo arms (tapped 3mm) for Ailerons
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 2 inch single servo arms (tapped for 3mm) for Elevators
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 1.5 inch single servo arms (tapped for 3mm) for Rudder
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 awg 6 inch (Rx to wing root)
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 20 awg 24 inch (throttle servo or ESC)
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 awg 48 inch (Elevators)