F3A 2M Vanquish ARF
The Extreme Flight RC 2 meter electric Vanquish was designed with the intent of providing the pattern community with an affordable, competition worthy airframe capable of competing with the multi-thousand dollar composite airframes currently on the market. Great care was taken in the design and testing phases of development to deliver an airframe that is aerodynamically sound, lightweight and easy to assemble. The first prototypes and Beta test models have been flown extensively by several upper class pattern competitors and we received very positive feedback from each of them. Bert Delaere of the Belgium F3A team recently competed in the World F3A Championships in Muncie, IN with the Vanquish and our Torque Silver Bullet F3A motor and placed quite respectably considering he had only one of week of preparation with the airframe.
The 2 meter Vanquish is a built up balsa and plywood aircraft with an integrated fiberglass cowl. It is available in two Ultracote color schemes and features carbon fiber wing and stab tubes and a really nice airfoiled carbon fiber main gear set. A spring loaded hatch latch retains the canopy and allows for quick access to your batteries and the interior of the aircraft. A removable cowl chin allows easy access for motor/esc mounting. The Vanquish also features wing and stab adjusters to allow you to precisely dial in the incidence for best flight performance (an incidence meter is required-not included in the kit).
The Vanquish requires 2 mini servos for the elevator halves and standard size servos for the remaining surfaces. We set one up with JR servos and used 2 3421s for the elevator halves, 2 9411s for the ailerons and an 8411 for the rudder. We also set up Bert's aircraft for the World Championships using Futaba gear which included 2 BLS 153s for the elevator halves (the holes in the mounting rib must be enlarged by about 1/8" for this servo to fit) 2 BLS 551s for the ailerons and a BLS 451 for the rudder.
Another option is the Futaba 9156 on the Aileron and Rudder and the Futaba 9650 for the Elevator halves.
The Vanquish comes highly pre-fabricated and can be assembled over a weekend by an experienced modeler.
The Vanquish is NOT a 3D aircraft and is intended for pilots with at least an intermediate skill level. 2M Vanquish Build Manual
- Wingspan: 73.5" inches
- Length: 78 inches
- Weight: 10-11 pounds
- Torque Silver Bullet electric motor
- 100A ESC
- Electric beechwood electric propeller: 21 x 14
- Battery: (2) 5S 4000-5000 mAh
- EF 3 inch spinner
- Modern computer radio w/ 6+ Channels
- 2 Mini servos for Elevator (Hitec 7245MH)
2 Standard for Ailerons (Hitec D645MW)
1 Standard for Rudder (Hitec D940TW)
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 1.5 inch single servo arms (tapped 3mm) for ailerons
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 1.5 inch single servo arms (tapped for 3mm) for elevator
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 3 inch double servo arm (tapped for 3mm) for pull-pull rudder
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 awg 3 inch ( Rx to wing root)
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 awg 6 inch (wing root to Aileron servo)
- Qty. 1 Extreme Flight 20 AWG 24 inch for ESC
- Qty. 2 Extreme Flight 20 AWG 48 inch for Elevators