69" Turbo Raven EXP Please note: Oracover recently discontinued production of the transparent blue that we previously used for the bottom of the wings and stab of the Turbo Raven. Because of this the bottom is now covered in Oracover Deep Blue.
Introducing the 69” Turbo Raven EXP! This revolutionary new super light airplane designed by our good friend Cody Wojcik is insanely capable, precise, and pure feeling on just a 60” 6S power system. This aircraft is based on the short-lived full scale Turbo Raven piloted by Wayne Handley, which was initially based on the Giles G-202 with extensive use of composites, and was one of the only full scale aerobatic planes with a greater than one to one thrust to weight ratio. It was capable of full 3D flight including flying straight out of flat spins, torque rolls and stop and start vertical uplines.
With carefully analyzed moments and areas and a CFD analyzed airfoil, the Turbo Raven EXP was designed from the outset to perform best at an extremely low wing loading that would make more traditional designs feel sloppy, floaty, and imprecise. Its narrow fuselage reduces drag and keeps the ailerons in the prop blast for maximum control at near zero airspeed. Knife-edge requires no mixing and pitch response is as smooth as a pattern plane and as powerful as an Edge when you yank on the stick. Huge, counterbalanced ailerons mean the roll rate is fast but extremely predictable and consistent, and it makes rifle rolls easier than any other airplane on the market. The clean design also makes the Turbo Raven shockingly comfortable in the wind!
Paired with modern super torque mini servos such as the MKS HV9767 or Savox SV-1260, DualSky G1500.5 and 17x6 prop (the Torque 4016T-500 and 16x7 will also work well), and a 6S 3700-4500 battery, the Turbo Raven offers unprecedented performance in an extremely affordable and convenient package. 69" Turbo Raven Manual
- Wingspan: 69" with tips
- Length: 72.5"
- Wing area: 891 square inches including wing tips.
- Weight: 7.4 lbs. with 6S 3300 mAh battery
- Dualsky GA1500.5 500Kv with Dualsky Summit 120 ESC using a 17x6 prop
- Torque 4016T/500 and Airboss 80 ESC or Talon 90 ESC using a 16x7 prop
- 16x7 Xoar PJN for Torque motor
- 17x6 for Dualsky motor
- 6S 3700-4500 mAh
- 82mm Included in kit!
- Qty. 4 mini servos such as the MKS HV9767 or Savox SV-1260
- Qty. 3 EF 1.25" light weight servo arms for ailerons and elevator
- Qty. 1 EF 3" light weight servo arms for rudder (tapped for M2)
- Qty. 2 - EF 3" 28 AWG extensions for receiver-aileron interface
- Qty. 2 - EF 6" 28 AWG extensions for aileron servos
- Qty. 1 - EF 12" 28 AWG extension for ESC to receiver
- Qty. 1 - EF 24" 28 AWG extension for elevator servo